Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Scott Carey <scott(at)richrelevance(dot)com>
Cc: Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Date: 2010-11-17 21:24:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

Scott Carey wrote:
> Did you recompile your test on the RHEL6 system?

On both systems I showed, I checked out a fresh copy of the PostgreSQL
9.1 HEAD from the git repo, and compiled that on the server, to make
sure I was pulling in the appropriate kernel headers. I wasn't aware of
exactly how the kernel sync stuff was refactored though, thanks for the
concise update on that. I can do similar tests on a RHEL5 system, but
not on the same hardware. Can only make my laptop boot so many
operating systems at a time usefully.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us