Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>,<peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests
Date: 2010-11-12 13:27:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Markus Wanner wrote:

> Note that dtester features a TAP reporter. However, the way Kevin
> uses dtester, that probably won't give useful results. (As he uses
> custom print statements to do more detailed reporting than TAP
> could ever give you).

According to the TAP draft standard, any line not beginning with
'ok', 'not ok', or '#' is a comment and must be ignored by a TAP
consumer. They are considered comments, and the assumption is that
there can be many of them.

http://testanything.org/wiki/index.php/TAP_at_IETF:_Draft_Standard

Since my more detailed output would all be considered ignorable
comments, I think it's OK. It's there for human readers who want
more detail, but otherwise must have no impact on a compliant
consumer.

-Kevin