Re: Viewing enum values for custom type

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Sean Laurent <sean(at)studyblue(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing enum values for custom type
Date: 2010-11-10 16:12:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 10/11/2010 16:52, Sean Laurent a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:
>
>> Le 09/11/2010 01:11, Sean Laurent a écrit :
>>> Is there an issue way to view the possible enum values for a custom type
>> in
>>> PGAdmin3? Or is my only real option to run a query like:
>>>
>>> select enum_range(null::MyCustomTypeT)
>>>

>> You should see them in the type properties and in the type dialog
>> properties.
>>

> Okay. A couple really really dumb questions. With v1.12.1, where do I find
> type properties? And how do I access the type dialog properties? When I look
> at a specific table, I can see the custom type listed on the dependencies
> tab, but I can't do anything with. Obviously I can see it listed as the data
> type for a column that uses the custom type, but again, I can't do anything
> with the custom type. And I don't see custom types listed under any of the
> catalogs or schemas.
>
> Clearly I'm missing something simple. :)

In the browser, you should have a "Types" node at the same level than
the "Tables" one. Like in this screenshot:
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.12/images/main.png

If you don't see it, you probably need to go to "File/Options" menu
item, then select "Browser" tab
(http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.12/options-tab3.html), and click on the
"Types" checkbox in the list to check it. Once this is done, you'll
probably need to disconnect from the server, and then reconnect, to make
the new node visible.

Click on the "Types" node, which should give you a list of all your user
types on this database. Right click on your enum type, and select
properties. The second tab should contain the list of enum values.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr