Re: Implementing replace function

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing replace function
Date: 2010-10-31 17:39:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 31/10/2010 17:28, Alexander Farber wrote:
> I've created a function now (below) and can call it as well,
> but how can I see it at the psql prompt? Is there a \d command
> for that or should I dump the database to see my declarations?

You can do \df public.*, assuming that your function is in the public
schema, to get a list of all functions; and \df+ <function name> will
give you the function body also.

\? is your friend here.

> And is my function atomic? I.e. can't it happen, that FOUND
> is not true, but then another session calls a INSERT inbetween?

Yes - all functions are executed in an implicit transaction.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie