Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql
Date: 2010-10-29 20:53:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Brian,

Rob pointed me to a benchmark of MySQL vs. Tokutek which is interesting
to your case:

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/04/28/detailed-review-of-tokutek-storage-engine/

It's also interesting to me because apparently InnoDB *does* have an
issue with large numbers of inserts to an already-large table, which we
don't have (I don't think we do, anyway).

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.