virtual ip's for Pg host

From: Isabella Ghiurea <isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: virtual ip's for Pg host
Date: 2010-10-15 21:19:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All
we would like to implement a virtual ip for two of our of our PG db
hosts to help us with switching hosts with less downtime for clients, is
there any specific change need to be done on PG database hosts
configuration , I was thinking maybe pg_hba.conf file ?
Thank you
Isabella

Isabella A. Ghiurea

Isabella(dot)Ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre |http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/services/hia/data-centre.html
National Research Council of Canada, Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics
5071 West Saanich Road, Victoria BC V9E 2E7, Canada
Phone: 250 363-3446 fax: 250 363-0045