Foreign Visual Studio builds

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Foreign Visual Studio builds
Date: 2010-10-14 17:37:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We got an interesting documentation document left by Christian Freund
recently, in regards to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-windows-full.html
; it says:

Regarding 16.1.3 - "perl mkvcbuild.pl"

In case you use a German version of VC change line 69 in "Solution.pm" to:

if ($line !~ /^Microsoft\s*\(R\) Visual C\+\+-Projekt-Generator -

I'm going to approve the doc comment so that it might help someone else
that runs into this in the short-term, but I thought it was was worth
sharing as something that might be improved in the build code instead.
That regex seems a bit too specific.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us