Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Date: 2010-10-08 16:41:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> And, I'd like to know whether the master waits forever because of the
> standby failure in other solutions such as Oracle DataGuard, MySQL
> semi-synchronous replication.

MySQL used to be fond of simiply failing sliently. Not sure what 5.4
does, or Oracle. In any case MySQL's replication has always really been
async (except Cluster, which is a very different database), so it's not
really a comparison.

Here's the comparables:
Oracle DataGuard
DRBD
SQL Server
DB2

If anyone knows what the above do by default, please speak up!

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.