Re: problem with access database

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Marie-Claude QUIDOZ <Marie-Claude(dot)QUIDOZ(at)cefe(dot)cnrs(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with access database
Date: 2010-10-04 16:41:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 04/10/2010 18:36, Marie-Claude QUIDOZ a écrit :
> Hello
>
>> By default, pgAdmin connects to the postgres database. With "by default"
>> I mean that you didn't change the maintenance DB in the server dialog.
>
> Yes I haven't change because I don't know what to put. I have the choice between postgres, edb or template1 and I don't find any documentation to help me to understand. I don't understand what is "maintenance DB"

The maintenance database is the first database that pgAdmin will connect
to. pgAdmin needs to connect to at least one database to get the list of
the databases in the server. BTW, you can change what's in the combobox
because the editing is allowed. Just type the name of your database and
it will work.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr