Re: ctlCombobox SetEditable to false on Linux

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ctlCombobox SetEditable to false on Linux
Date: 2010-09-28 05:34:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 28/09/2010 06:59, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Auto-completion functionality does not behave as expected on linux with GTK.
> Hence, we disabled editing combo-box on GTK only.

Yeah, Dave told me that. But I don't quite get what it means. When I
worked a bit, I see there's no auto-completion but at least a user can
type something. So, I don't really see the issue. Not ahving
autocompletion is bad, but not as bad as having to choose the type on
the list with a mouse. I would much prefer to be allowed to enter the
type without auto-completion. And I think I'm not the only one.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr