PG 9.0 large object permissions

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG 9.0 large object permissions
Date: 2010-09-27 18:12:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Having a little problem with my large objects. In 8.4 the db owner was
'andy', but my web connected as payuser (which had appropriate permissions).

The backup/restore to pg9 made all the large objects owned by 'andy',
and I'm guessing payuser does not have select rights.

GRANT seems to support large objects, but only one at a time.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-grant.html

and ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES seems to do many at a time, but doesnt to
large objects.

I really don't care if I get the owner changed or add r/w writes. (I'd
prefer the owner, if I got to choose).

Any hints? Please?

-Andy