Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!
Date: 2010-08-18 23:46:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I don't think I want to try to handle two in a row, and I think your style is better suited
> than mine to the final CF for a release, but I might be able to take on the 2010-11 CF if people want that

Ha, you just put yourself right back on the hook with that comment, and
Robert does seem like the right guy for CF-4 @ 2011-01. Leaving the
question of what's going to happen with CF-2 next month.

I think the crucial thing with the 2010-09 CF is that we have to get
serious progress made sorting out all the sync rep ideas before/during
that one. The review Yeb did and subsequent discussion was really
helpful, but the scope on that needs to actually get nailed down to
*something* concrete if it's going to get built early enough in the 9.1
release to be properly reviewed and tested for more than one round.
Parts of the design and scope still feel like they're expanding to me,
and I think having someone heavily involved in the next CF who is
willing to push on nailing down that particular area is pretty
important. Will volunteer myself if I can stay on schedule to make it
past the major time commitment sink I've had so far this year by then.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us