Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git conversion progress report and call for testing assistance
Date: 2010-08-11 21:10:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 21/07/10 23:40, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I've also set up the git server and the scripts around it, that we can
> eventually use. This includes commit email sending, commit policy enforcement
> (no merge commits, correct author/committer tag etc) and proper access control
> (a modified version of the one on git.postgresql.org - since we definitely
> don't want any external dependencies for the main repository).
>
> This is all available for testing now.

Seems to work great. I've got a local clone of that set up now, with
workdirs for backbranches (per the "Committing Using a Single Clone and
multiple workdirs" instructions I added to the Committing_with_Git wiki
page).

I also tested with a bunch of funny commits, including merge commits,
non-fast-forward commits and a commit with bogus Committer, and the
post-commit hook correctly rejected all those.

> Marc has set up a mailinglist at pgsql-committers-test(at)postgresql(dot)org where
> commit messages from the new system is sent. If you care about what they look
> like, subscribe there and wait for one to show up :-) Subscription is done
> the usual way.

My posts to that lists are been stalled, but looking at the commit mail
in the "stalled post" reply it looks OK.

Good work! Thanks for spending the time on this, I very much prefer
working with git nowadays.

--
Heikki Linnakangas