Re: BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;

From: "Rene Novotny" <novotny_r(at)egp(dot)cz>
To: <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5601: cannot create language plperl;
Date: 2010-08-09 07:30:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank's a lot

with Activestate 64 bit perl 5.10 it works.

It would be very desirable for plperl supporter to to add some plperl release notes with Postgresql
production release for users to know , with what PERL distribution it works.

Rene Novotny

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 00:13, Rene Novotny wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 9.0 beta 4
> Operating system: Win 7 64 bit
> Details:
>
> ERROR: Could not load library
> c:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plperl.dll
> unknown error 126

Near as I can tell that means it cant find a .dll or it is incompatible.

> For a memory reasons we need to use 64 bit Windows
> postgresql , you finally made one.
> But when we installed Activestate 64 bit perl 5.12 perl
> ( for 64 bit postgres i suppose 64 bit perl )
> it doesn't work. Please let me know , with what
> perl you compiled the plperl.dll on windows ( i suppose that ActiveState ).

If you are using the enterprisedb one click installer it looks like
you need to grab something that has perl510.dll (maybe activestate
5.10?) Just a guess, I dont have a windows machine here (or really
know anything about the windows build) I just downloaded the windows
.zip file and skimmed the contents of plperl.dll. Of course you are
always welcome to build your own postgresql if you need 5.12.