Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access

From: Justin Graf <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access
Date: 2010-08-04 20:24:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 8/4/2010 1:56 PM, Richard Broersma wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Peter Koczan<pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> This is one of my first forays into ODBC, so I didn't know that was a
>> possibility. Is there any place where these are documented? Searching
>> for ODBC options yields info on connection options, but none on
>> behavior that I could find.
>>
> I know that there are a couple of options that affect the
> representation of Booleans in the odbc driver. I'm not sure it will
> do what you need though.
>
> However, here is the official documentation: (hopefully it helpful)
>
> http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/

Yes there is an option to change bools to char

* *Data Type Options:* affects how some data types are mapped:
o /Text as LongVarChar/: PostgreSQL TEXT type is mapped to
SQLLongVarchar, otherwise SQLVarchar.
o /Unknowns as LongVarChar/: Unknown types (arrays, etc) are
mapped to SQLLongVarChar, otherwise SQLVarchar
o /Bools as Char/: Bools are mapped to SQL_CHAR, otherwise to
SQL_BIT.

My memory is fuzzy but there are some additional settings in Access that
allows data type mapping...

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by our proprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other information proprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it addresses. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.

Attachment Content-Type Size
justin.vcf text/x-vcard 258 bytes