Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.0, second run
Date: 2010-07-20 16:21:42
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>

>> I despaired of this repo being anything like reliable months ago.
>> AFAIK it is using a known to be broken version of fromcvs.
>>

> Could we have it pull (using git) from the repo you have working
> correctly? (Or would that be too Rube Goldbergesque?)

The trouble is that they don't have a common git commit history. I
suspect we'll just totally mangle the repo if we try that. But anyone
can experiment if they want to. My repo is available on
<git://github.com/oicu/pg-cvs-mirror.git> or
<http://github.com/oicu/pg-cvs-mirror.git> Or people can just use that
repo. I have four buildfarm members running off it daily, and I run a
daily health check on it against CVS. I can undertake to maintain it
until at least the middle of August (after which I'll be travelling for
a few weeks).

cheers

andrew