Re: Broken links on main site and other issues

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken links on main site and other issues
Date: 2010-07-13 08:26:47
Lists: pgsql-www

Thom Brown wrote:
>>> heh - that's triggered by the file ending and apache's mod_mime -
>>> will
>>> see what I can do about that (though I wonder why nobody noticed so
>>> far)...
>> I remember to have pinged someone (whom I don't remember right now...)
>> about this several times, but we could not fix it. Did you find a
>> solution for it?
>> --
>
> I'd imagine it's just a change to /etc/mime.types so that "tr" doesn't
> appear next to "application/x-troff"

that's not a solution - that is a hack :). The problem with this is that
OS-updates/upgrades can easily override that change again - what we
need to do is to get this fixed by deploying a suitable .htaccess that
disables that mime-type for that directory in apache.
I'm planning to fix that soon - I'm just very busy at the moment.

Stefan