Re: Feedback on 9.0 release text? Please?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feedback on 9.0 release text? Please?
Date: 2010-07-10 18:11:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Rob,

> The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces the release of
> PostgreSQL 9.0, the latest version of the world's leading open source
> relational database. This <<<release/update>>> features advances in

We use the term "update release" to refer to patches and security fixes,
so I don't think we want to use "update" here.

> PostgreSQL 9.0 also includes more than a dozen other major improvements
> enhancing every aspect of <<<building/HUH?>>> database applications,
> including <<</:>>> 64-bit Windows support, conditional and per-column
> triggers, deferrable unique constraints, and high-performance event
> messaging. For a complete list of features, see our release information
> page (link).

Hmmm. I suppose "building" isn't strictly necessary, and if
unnecessary, should be cut.

> Thanks to the contributions of developers and companies around the
> world, such as NTT Open Source, EnterpriseDB, 2ndQuadrant, Red Hat and
> many others, development and <<<adoption momentum/HUH?>>> is greater
> than ever.

Yeah, I had trouble with the phrasing there and could use some help.
What I really wanted to say is that our project momentum, both for
developing features and for user adoption, is higher/faster than ever.
Thoughts?

Also, if anyone knows a big-name company who contributed a major feature
to 9.0 that I'm not thinking of, please mention them now.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.