Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Sean Crowley <sean(dot)crowley(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!
Date: 2010-06-23 17:10:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 06/23/2010 07:39 AM, Sean Crowley wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Haven't had a chance to read through all of the comments here (I'm
> covering 3 trade shows this week, so its a little hectic), but when you
> think that you have narrowed down the list of key features to use,
> please send me a cleaned up version of the release and I can have our PR
> team do some wordsmithing on it.

Well, I'd be more interested in having you and Rob give advice on the
central themes of the release.   How I have it structured now is:

Built-in Replication
Truckload of features
	Enterprise database features
	Exotic/cutting edge features

I'd like to see if you feel that that structure makes sense.  As I've
said to Rob, I don't think that the specific features are as important
as the fact that there are so many of them.  No matter what we list,
we'll be leaving just as many out.

Sean, I'm also hunting for companies or institutions who are excited
about the 9.0 release and are willing to be quoted.  Know any?

--
                                   -- Josh Berkus
                                      PostgreSQL Experts Inc.