Re: libpython - cannot open shared object file

From: Tom Wilcox <hungrytom(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpython - cannot open shared object file
Date: 2010-06-23 09:57:57
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

OK! I have successfully got plpythonu installed. The solution was to
remove any and all postgresql installation and files except /data. I
then ran this from command line:

sudo apt-get install postgresql-plpython-8.4

which installed plpython AND postgresql at the same time. Happy days.

Next problem: "$libdir/fuzzystrmatch": No such file or directory. I
guess I need to install the /share stuff separately..

Any ideas where can get this stuff from? (I am using the TSearch2 and
fuzzy string functions).