Re: pgpool

From: Geoffrey <lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Gerd Koenig <koenig(at)transporeon(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool
Date: 2010-06-21 17:44:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> If you want to be able to connect on various databases from various
> servers, pgBouncer is what you're looking for.

It does not appear that pgbouncer will 'limit exceeding connections' as
does pgpool. So if I have a pool of 20 connections and 20 connections
are used, what happens to the 21st connection attempt? Is it rejected
or put into a queue to wait for the next available connection?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson