Re: Inserting additional data into pg_statistics

From: Teodor Macicas <teodor(dot)macicas(at)epfl(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inserting additional data into pg_statistics
Date: 2010-06-19 17:49:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for your reply, Tom.
Why I can't ? And for my purpose is not a bad idea. I mean, I have to do
this and somehow I should find a solution.

In order to use ANALYZE I need the same data on 2nd machine, but the
data is quite large and the only information I need are the statistics
from pg_statistic.
So, why I receive that ERROR and I run the INSERT statement ?

Can anyone tell me where to look into Postgresql source to see how the
engine updates this table ?

Looking forward for reply.
With kindest regards,
Tedy