9.0 beta2 pg_upgrade command line parsing

From: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.0 beta2 pg_upgrade command line parsing
Date: 2010-06-15 21:27:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When I try running pg_upgrade from beta2 on an AIX server I'm unable to
get beyond the command line parsing (no matter what command line
arguments I pass in it always complains about the usage).

When I compile pg_upgrade it complains about:

option.c: In function 'parseCommandLine':
option.c:103: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type

getopt_long (both our version in ports and the gnu version) is defined
to return an int.

The attach patch allows me to get beyond the options loop under AIX.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada

Attachment Content-Type Size