Re: Row-level Locks & SERIALIZABLE transactions, postgres vs. Oracle

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <wultsch(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Row-level Locks & SERIALIZABLE transactions, postgres vs. Oracle
Date: 2010-05-15 11:09:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rob Wultsch wrote:

> Have you looked at PBXT (which is explicitly NOT SERIALIZABLE)?

I hadn't heard of it; so I took a quick look based on your post. It
seems to a new engine to use with MySQL which has MVCC without a
rollback log, so it presumably uses techniques at least vaguely
similar to PostgreSQL. Anything in particular you wanted me to
notice about it besides that? (Of course another MySQL engine which
doesn't provide very strong integrity guarantees isn't exciting to
me as a technology in itself.)

-Kevin