Re: recovery configuration parameters

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recovery configuration parameters
Date: 2010-04-27 19:52:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

Fujii Masao wrote:
> While the server configuration parameters are listed in
> the index page, why not the recovery ones? It's very
> inconvenient to be unable to reach the document of them
> immediately when setting up the standby server.
>
> How about listing the recovery configuration parameters
> in the index page?

Agreed. This patch should do it. It lists them as "XXX recovery
parameter", e.g:

restore_command recovery parameter, Archive recovery settings

similar to the way GUCs are listed as "XXX configuration parameter".

PS. I just noticed that the links in the index for GUCs take you to the
section in the manual, not directly to the parameter. For example, when
you click on the index term for "max_connections", it takes you to
section "18.3.1 Connection Settings" (the link points to
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SETTINGS),
which begins with listen_addresses. max_connections is there a few
paragraphs down, but I would've expected the link to point directly to
description of the parameter.

--
Heikki Linnakangas