Re: Wiki account problem

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Jon Jensen <jon(at)endpoint(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wiki account problem
Date: 2010-04-09 20:46:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Jon Jensen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I signed up for a community account, and logging in with user
> "jon_jensen" at http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/community/profile works
> fine.
>
> However, when I try to log into wiki.postgresql.org, it says user
> "Jon_jensen" doesn't exist. Is the wiki trying to capitalize the first
> letter of my username and thus failing?

almost - the problem is the mediawiki has a very weird idea of how
usernames should look like.
What it is actually doing is converting the "_" to a space internally
and handing that over to our custom auth plugin which causes
athentication to fail...

> Can you help me with this so I can edit the wiki?

well the only short term solution is using an account name that does not
contain an underscore :(

Stefan