Re: "1-Click" installer problems

From: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Date: 2010-04-01 07:19:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01-04-2010 12:39, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Nikhil G. Daddikar, 01.04.2010 08:04:
>>
>> In about 30 seconds I found the following unanswered threads relating to
>> installation on Windows Vista. If anybody is interested I can find more.
>
> The problem with this kind of statistics is that you will only find
> people who complain, you'll never find people who do not complain
> because they have no problems. Actually that's true for all internet
> forums or mailing lists: you'll seldomly find people posting something
> like "Hey everything works fine, I had no problems".

I agree... but they are still unanswered. And what else can I do. I am
facing problems on multiple computers, my customers are facing problems
as well. NOBODY till date has managed to install 8.4 on Vista using the
1-click installer and EVERYBODY has managed to install the 8.3 installer
(from postgresql.org) on Vista. DOES THIS COUNT AS A VALID STATISTIC?
And yes, i have tried installing it in C:\Postgresql as well.
Interesting to note that 8.3 installer from postgresql.org installs
perfectly in 'C:\Program Files' even on Vista. No use blaming Windows
all the time. It is the installer that is buggy.