Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can not access PostgreSQL 8.8 via ADO
Date: 2010-03-25 12:20:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Josef Springer wrote:
> hello,
>
> we had installed 8.2 and used a database via ADO with the connectstring
> *Driver={PostgreSQL
> Unicode};Server=localhost;Uid=OfficeTalk;Pwd=OfficeTalk;Database=OfficeTalk"
> *
> Now we have installed 8.8 and try to use the database with the same
> connectstring but get the ADO error *80004005.*
There is no PostgreSQL 8.8 - can you tell us what version you are really
using (or, if you think it is 8.8, where you got it from?)

Can you connect to the database with the regular command line tools over
the network (or a GUI tool such as PgAdmin III), or do you get an error
there as well?

The problem may be that it's unable to connect due to a database
configuration issue, not an ADO issue. If you had a DSN that was
working before, I wouldn't change it until you've verified that you're
actually able to connect to the database properly.

Did you make sure that you made the appropriate changes to
postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf on the new system to ensure that users
will be able to connect over the network?

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.