Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Date: 2010-03-19 14:39:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

2010.03.19 16:20, Guillaume Lelarge rašė:
> Yes. It would also be easier to debug.

I guess so, but is there no way to tell the postgres that I'm listing
the field names and there is no place for a parameter in that list... I
tried using INSERT INTO table(table.column .... syntax, but postgres
does not accept that.
When you write a new function it is not hard to pick the parameter names
you want, but when editing it you have to play with what you have and
sometimes it's a pain....

One more question Is there a way to use INSERT INTO table($1....
syntax?? I can't think of such case. Can you provide an example?

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas