Select multiple rows for delete does too good of a job

From: Scott Dunbar <scott(at)xigole(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select multiple rows for delete does too good of a job
Date: 2010-03-17 21:59:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,
I'm using pgAdmin III version 1.10.0 from the Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit
package. I bring the contents of a table by right clicking on the table
name and selecting "View Data" and either "View Top 100 Rows" or "View
All Rows". I have a very small table with about 10 rows in it. I then
select two or more rows and right click to select "Delete". The dialog
that comes up shows something like "Are you sure you wish to delete the
1027272344 selected rows?". The number varies but is always no where
near the correct number. Sometimes it works and deletes what I
selected. Sometimes it core dumps. And once in a while it deletes
everything, selected or not.

I understand that there are more recent versions of pgAdmin available
and I'll compile one to try it on a newer ones too but I wanted to see
if anyone else can reproduce this.

Thanks for any help.

--
Scott Dunbar