Re: typecaste object to array

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: typecaste object to array
Date: 2010-02-23 09:15:31
Lists: pgsql-general

beulah prasanthi wrote:
> i am doing j2ee project .I am getting list from the user i want to
> insert that list into array in postgres DB
> by doing this i cannot caste an instance object pgemail to type Type
> ARRAY
> Can we caste the object to array .please tell me

normally, you would want to store a list as rows in a table, not as a
SQL array. as rows, you can use various SQL operations on the data, as
an array, it becomes a single field of a single row of a table, and is
much harder to do anything useful with the data.

as far as java typecasting, sorry, I can't help you there.