Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS

From: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS
Date: 2010-01-02 14:31:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> If you can set it up in such a way that the default behavior doesn't
> change, this would be workable. I don't think we want people to
> suddenly find their stuff installing in the wrong place.
>
> It probably wouldn't be that hard, something along the lines of
> ifndef MODULEDIR
> MODULEDIR=contrib
> endif
> ought to do it no?

Yeah, that was pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.
Please find the revised v2 patch attached for comment. The one thing I
have done is separated out the moduledir variable into datamoduledir and
docmoduledir so there is a little bit of wiggle room if someone needs to
install DATA items and DOCS items in different locations.

I did have a brief look at seeing whether it would be possible to use
this instead of DATA_TSEARCH, however this won't work because the DATA
and DATA_TSEARCH targets need their files installed in two separate
locations.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk
t: +44 870 608 0063

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-pgxs-moduledir-v2.patch text/x-diff 3.2 KB