Thread safety and libxml2

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Thread safety and libxml2
Date: 2009-12-30 17:55:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
We got an interesting report on the testers list today:

Basically, configure failed on their OpenBSD system because thread
safety is on but the libxml2 wasn't compiled with threaded support:

Disabling either feature (no --with-libxml or --disable-thread-safety)
gives a working build.

I wonder if it's worthwhile to document this coupling between thread
safety and libxml2 in either
or even the release notes.  It seems quite likely to bite someone else
again the future.