Viewing table data only from its corresponding oid-named file

From: Heiner Vega Thames <hvegat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Viewing table data only from its corresponding oid-named file
Date: 2009-12-11 00:15:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Guys

I have some files that were part of a database, I mean they were under
/*data/base/DB_OID/table_oid* postgres structure

As I understand *table_oid *which is a numbered file corresponds to one
table in the original database.

Here is my question: Is there a tool/method to view the data in this
file so I can get a clue of what the data in that table was?

We had a major drive crash and we could recover only a few of those
files and want to know if we have a chance to recover some data only
from those kind of files.

Thanks in advance.

--
Heiner Vega