Re: Recommended/Not Recommended Hosts?

From: Brian Ghidinelli <brian(at)pukkasoft(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recommended/Not Recommended Hosts?
Date: 2009-12-10 20:05:49
Lists: sfpug
Fred Moyer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>> For my part, I've had reasonably good experiences with:
>>
>> -- Layer42 for low-end colo, but watch your bandwith, they won't.
>
> At the risk of giving away one of my best kept secrets, Layer42 is
> simply the most outstanding and professional colocation provider I
> have ever had the pleasure to work with.  Their network is FAST and
> unbelievably reliable.  Steve and his team are of the highest caliber.

I've been at Layer 42 for five years so I do believe they provide a good
service for the price.  It's worth noting however they have suffered at
least two full power outages over the past couple of years.  While they
have been brief (~seconds), they cause hardware to power cycle and we've
had hardware failures each time.  The most recent outage was in September.

Brian