Re: Hi!

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Daniela Mamede d'Almeida <dmamede(at)mecon(dot)gov(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi!
Date: 2009-12-02 15:05:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 2/12/2009 10:35 PM, Daniela Mamede d'Almeida wrote:
> Thanks for answering!
> My problem is that the Oracle Db and the PostgreSQL Db are both on
> different servers, and I;ve been told by Oracle support that I need to
> install the PostgreSQL driver in my Oracle server. Now I don't know how
> to solve the PG_CONFIG error, as there's no pg_config file in the Oracle
> server!

Er ... The file `pg_config' is part of the PostgreSQL package. It's
installed with the server. It's a program that should be in the server's
binary directory, in the same place as `psql'. Since you're building
pgodbc from source, I'm assuming you also built and installed PostgreSQL
from sources, so you should have it. If you installed distro binaries,
you'll probably need a -dev or -devel package for libpq too.

HOWEVER, if you installed PostgreSQL using your distro's packaging
system, you should just install psqlodbc that way too, not build it from
sources. It should be in your distro's package management system.
On my Debian and Ubuntu systems, for example, I just "apt-get install
odbc-postgresql" to install it.

If you'd given us a few basic details like what PostgreSQL version you
had, where you got it from, how you installed it, the OS and version you
were running on, etc, it might be a little bit easier to help you with
this. See:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--
Craig Ringer