Re: Books, the lulu.com scam

From: Ivano Luberti <luberti(at)archicoop(dot)it>
To: Rikard Bosnjakovic <rikard(dot)bosnjakovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, jordan(dot)radunchev(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Books, the lulu.com scam
Date: 2009-11-22 14:55:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I read books about software products when I need to get introduced to
the whole picture: architecture, underlying technologies.....
In this way I also understand what to search for when I need detailed
information or tip and tricks.

Rikard Bosnjakovic ha scritto:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 18:10, Yordan Radunchev
> <jordan(dot)radunchev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Why should one buy a book?
>>

> Books are invaluable reading material when "number two" is due.
> Laptops and on line-documentation doesn't stand a chance in that
> particular case. Also, I prefer laying down in the sofa reading a
> book. Using a laptop, I can't lay down - I'd have to sit. Books are
> for the win here.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa