Re: Join optimization for inheritance tables

From: Emmanuel Cecchet <manu(at)asterdata(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Emmanuel Cecchet <Emmanuel(dot)Cecchet(at)asterdata(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Herodotos Herodotou <Herodotos(dot)Herodotou(at)asterdata(dot)com>, Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Eric Friedman <Eric(dot)Friedman(at)asterdata(dot)com>, John Cieslewicz <John(dot)Cieslewicz(at)asterdata(dot)com>, Dheeraj Pandey <Dheeraj(dot)Pandey(at)asterdata(dot)com>, "hero(at)cs(dot)duke(dot)edu" <hero(at)cs(dot)duke(dot)edu>, "nedyalko(at)cs(dot)duke(dot)edu" <nedyalko(at)cs(dot)duke(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Join optimization for inheritance tables
Date: 2009-09-26 22:00:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the insight. I might take that as a long term project. I have
to discuss that with my colleagues at Aster. It would certainly help to
put together a wiki page with the key insights on the design of such
implementation to be able to better scope the project and agree on what
is the right approach for this.

manu

--
Emmanuel Cecchet