Re: Index row requires 9324 bytes maximum size is 8191

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: solAris23 <vikas(dot)kumar(at)dolcera(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index row requires 9324 bytes maximum size is 8191
Date: 2009-09-20 02:58:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

solAris23 escreveu:
> I am trying to index a field in my database of size about 16K rows, but i m
> getting this error.

Why are you want to index such a big field? BTW, it'll be worthless.

> " Index row requires 9324 bytes maximum size is 8191 "

That is a known limitation; but even if it would be possible I don't think it
would be a good idea. Why on Earth would I search using a big field?

What kind of content are you trying to index?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/