Re: CertFirst training event listings

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CertFirst training event listings
Date: 2009-09-07 12:37:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Have we ever talked to CertFirst before or warned them? If so, ban
> them; if not, the list below is fine.

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I need to compose a formal letter to CertFirst. Should I offer them the
>> chance to post again if they adhere to strict posting guildlines, or
>> have they crossed the line one to many times and are simply banned? The
>> requirements I was thinking of are:
>>
>> ============
>>
>> a) all CertFirst training events are posted from *one* community account
>>
>> b) content of event announcements is purely informational ("Training on
>> PostgreSQL administration July 28-30")
>>
>> c) any references to "certification" make it clear that it's your own
>> certification
>>
>> d) no more than two training event listings per month.
>>
>> These standards are stricter than what we apply to other vendors because
>> of the complaints received from multiple community members about
>> CertFirst's advertisements. If even a single CertFirst announcement in
>> the future violates these requirements, you will be banned from posting
>> on www.postgresql.org permanently.

So they have 4 listings posted in the month of October, all of which
offer free items unrelated to training (which seem to be against
policy), and in this case they've posted them under a separate corporate
now - SaiFirst (to avoid detection?), but using the same domain for
contact information.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.