Re: [Skytools-users] WAL Shipping + checkpoint

From: Sébastien Lardière <slardiere(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Yaroslav Tykhiy <yar(at)barnet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, skytools-users(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Skytools-users] WAL Shipping + checkpoint
Date: 2009-09-07 08:09:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/09/2009 05:14, Yaroslav Tykhiy wrote:

>> Thanks, I make a restore backup on the slave this morning, and It
>> works !
>

> Could you detail your solution please, if any? I've seen frozen
> pg_controldata output on my standby server for ages and attributed
> that to the ancient version of pgsql (8.0.x) I'm stuck with. There
> have been no index related error messages in my log though.

Hi

sorry for my late reply,

We use walmgr.py from skytools ( http://pgfoundry.org/projects/skytools
), a great tool which let us easy backup, restore, WAL Shipping.

In this case, I use the sub-command 'restore' on the slave, which take
the last nightly backup we made, and launch a slave cluster on WAL
Shipping, and It works, but we use pg 8.3.

--
Sébastien