Re: Table size does not include toast size

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Table size does not include toast size
Date: 2010-01-14 13:04:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 22. Dezember 2009 15:11:40 +0100 Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
wrote:

>> Bernd, there's a basic spec if you have time to work on this.
>
> I see if i can get some time for it during christmas vacation (its on my
> radar for a longer period of time). I'm still working on this NOT NULL
> pg_constraint representation and would like to propose a patch fairly
> soon for this.

Since i'm not able to finish those other things in time, i wrapped up my
existing code for this issue and came up with the attached patch, which
should implement the behavior Tom proposed. These are two new functions
pg_table_size() and pg_indexes_size(). This patch also changes
pg_total_relation_size() to be a shorthand for pg_table_size() +
pg_indexes_size().

Barring any objections i'm adding this to the CF.

--
Thanks

	Bernd