Re: 8.5 release timetable, again

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date: 2009-08-31 18:40:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> The issues are different for every commitfest-beta period, so I have
> no idea what to list there, but we do alway have an open issues wiki
> that is maintained, at least for the most recent releases.

After a quick search of the wiki, it appears that the list for 8.4
was:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Open_Items

and that there is not yet a list for 8.5. Is that correct?

If I understand what you're saying, this list would contain issues
where a patch was committed and later found to have problems which
need to be fixed. Did I understand that correctly? Anything else go
on there, or possibly belong on there? Can we take the absence of a
list for 8.5 to indicate that no such problems have been found with
any patches committed since 8.4 was tagged?

-Kevin