Re: Strange "missing tables" problem

From: Denis BUCHER <dbucherml(at)hsolutions(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Wojtek <foo(at)twine(dot)pl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange "missing tables" problem
Date: 2009-08-24 08:18:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Tom,

Tom Lane a écrit :
> Denis BUCHER <dbucherml(at)hsolutions(dot)ch> writes:
>> I really don't understand what's happening here ?
>
> "\dt customers" will show you the customers table that's visible
> according to your search_path setting. Apparently schema "import"
> is either not in your search path at all, or behind "rma".

It is in the search path.

Do you mean that \dt customers shows only the FIRST "customers" table
found ?

If yes, that's a part of the explanation, BUT :
If I do \dt (without specifying a table name), does it lists only ONE
table of each name, and only the one in the first schema present in the
search path.

Denis