Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeff <threshar(at)threshar(dot)is-a-geek(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Date: 2009-08-06 02:18:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Do we have no composite types in the regression tests, or do we not
> store any in the database? Same the enums.

Looks like the enum regression tests at least drop all their tables :-(

> To allow pg_migrator to work, I would need to reserve the oids in
> pg_type, import the dump, and renumber the pg_type entries (and
> everything pointing to them) to the proper pg_type.oid. The big problem
> there is that I don't have access at the SQL level to set or change
> oids. I am afraid the oid remumbering is something we would have to do
> in the backend by walking through the pg_depend entries for the pg_type
> row. Yuck.

Yeah. Maybe we need some special way of setting the oids explicitly. But
preventing a clash might be fairly difficult.

Excluding every database that has a composite/array-of
user-defined-type/enum type would be pretty nasty. After all, these are
features we boast of.

cheers

andrew