Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

From: Andreas Wenk <a(dot)wenk(at)netzmeister-st-pauli(dot)de>
To: rahimeh khodadadi <rahimeh(dot)khodadadi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos
Date: 2009-07-26 16:57:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

rahimeh khodadadi schrieb:
> Nobody does me help. Please.

first it's sunday - so maybe some of the people who may answer your
questions have an off day ;-). On the other hand you should be patient.

As Tom allready mentioned, all dependent packges have to be installed. I
was running in some problems while compiling postgresql 8.4 with these
options.

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --with-tcl –with-perl \
--with-python --with-krb5 --with-pam --with-openssl –with- \ libxslt
--with-gssapi --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib/tcl8.5 –with- \
includes=/usr/include/libxml2

I made a small trick. I was installing all dependencies for postgresql
8.3 with

$ apt-get build-dep postgresql-8.3

But hey this is just a hack ;-)

And finally I had to install these packages in advance:

$ apt-get install libreadline5-dev libghc6-zlib-dev

It really took a while but worked out. The final advice from one of our
sysadmins was "take the package from your distro" (in this case Debain).

So the only reason I see that you take the walk through hell is that you
have to use the latest postgresql version 8.4. Ubuntu has 8.4 allready,
Debian will have it hopefully soon in backports. I don't know when it
will be available in CentOS ...

Cheers

Andy