Re: Odd historical fact about Bison

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd historical fact about Bison
Date: 2009-07-09 23:11:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> The real question is slow-to-upgrade OSes like HP-UX, AIX, OpenBSD
> and Solaris. What version of Bison are they shipping with?

I don't know about them, but just so you know:

kgrittn(at)INHOUSEAPPS:~> cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 3
kgrittn(at)INHOUSEAPPS:~> bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 1.875
. . .

Now, this doesn't cause a problem for me, because if I'm not building
from tarballs I can run "make distprep" on a more modern machine. And
we've almost finished upgrading to SLES 10, anyway.

-Kevin