Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2009-07-07 16:30:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Maybe you could describe the symptoms you observed? Was the
> webserver totally uncontactable, or was it an error in the web app
> itself?

When I clicked the link to edit the comment, it clocked until the
browser timed out. So then I tried the URL for the main page, and it
again clocked until the browser timed out. I then tried again on the
main page, and it clocked for a minute, so I posted the message about
it being down. Moments after I sent that, the page came up.

If anyone else was hitting the site and it was working, perhaps the
problem could have been elsewhere. (Our network or our Internet path
to the site could have had some temporary issue.)

-Kevin