Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>, "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date: 2009-07-01 22:57:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Simon,

> The project needs a survey that is comprehensive, detailed, regular and
> global, run by and for the community. I think we should start that on a
> positive note, so again reason to withdraw. Dates are flexible but we
> need input into the 8.5 dev process.

If you're enthusiastic about making a survey, there's no reason for you
to withdraw. For that matter, there's no reason why Gary at EDB can't
contribute to the better survey along with everyone else.

Amusing note: despite *us* never having a "user survey", the
OpenOffice.org user survey which they ran for years and collected over
Justin, Roberto).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.