Re: Why does pg_standby require libpq.so.5?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why does pg_standby require libpq.so.5?
Date: 2009-06-25 13:09:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> Is there any reason not to remove the include directory in PG_CPPFLAGS
>> as well? Seems it is equally unused...
>
> No. I agree to remove PG_CPPFLAGS.

The second question is, is it worth doing this so extremely late in the
8.4 development? After mentioning it quickly in an offlist discussion
with Heikki, I think our conclusion was that we should wait with this
until the tree opens for 8.5. It's not a very likely scenario that
anybody actually has pg_standby on a machine that doesn't have libpq on
it - since it needs to have a PostgreSQL server on it to make any sense....

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/